I have never understood quite a lot about the world. Why, for instance, it always happens that…
1. Whenever you’re in a supermarket queue, the air is inevitably shredded with hysterical cries of pain and terror. You look around for the murder scene only to discover some three year old has been told by their mum that they can’t have the chocolate bar in the checkout rack.
2.Whenever you approach an ATM machine without a queue, people hastily swarm in from the side, ahead of you, to form a queue before you can get there.
3. Whenever you do the laundry, no matter how sunny the day is, it starts raining three seconds after you peg the last shirt out.
4. The teller in the post office puts the ‘closed’ sign up just as you get to the head of the queue.
5. Trek may have predicted auto-opening doors, but contrary to what you see in Trek, they enter their ‘close’ cycle just as you get to them.
6. When the zombie apocalypse hits, you discover you’re one of the zombies.
Copyright © Matthew Wright 2013