I hate internet click-bait – you know, those annoying two-phrase teaser tags that tell you how you’ll respond to some open-ended assertion.
What if headlines had always been written that way? Like these:
- You won’t believe what Neil Armstrong said on the Moon!
- This common domestic product will destroy movies – find out what studio execs hate!
- Chamberlain lied! See what he lied about here!
- You won’t believe who was hiding on this train to Finland!
- These brothers snubbed the Smithsonian – find out how they did it from their bicycle factory!
- You won’t believe what happened to Charles II of England!
- 5 facts about the solar system that the inquisition didn’t get from this man!
For a bit of holiday season fun, what do all these refer to? Comments please!
Copyright © Matthew Wright 2014