I haven’t posted here for the past couple of weeks. Time to run my blog has been a bit sparse. Why? You’ll find out soon. Meanwhile have a guess as to what’s been going on. Have I been…
- Kidnapped by aliens from the planet Zorg.
- Founded a death metal band and got busy recording a string of No. 1 hits, all with titles using the formula: “<pretentious adverb> of <pretentious noun>”.
- Defamed (again) by the local military-historical in-crowd for daring to write a book that they, and only they, decided intruded into their property.
- Won a giant lottery prize and am whooping it up on a 200-foot luxury yacht in the Caribbean.
- Involved with something rather exciting involving writing that I haven’t mentioned to anybody yet (much).
I’d like to say it was (2) followed by (4). As a further clue, (3) actually did happen, but that hasn’t soaked much time yet. Hey – it could be something else entirely. Any guesses? (Personally I still like the idea of holidaying in the Caribbean after recording a death metal album, but maybe that’s just me…).
Copyright © Matthew Wright 2021